How to store your Pashmina products?
- In order to store your Pashmina products during summer the most important thing is to keep moisture away. Dampness, sunlight and leakages are very harmful to your precious Pashmina products. So please do not store your Pashmina products in a damp place. A well-sealed plastic storage box is good enough but you can pack them neatly in tissue paper or polythene bag and store them in closet away from light, dust and dampness.
- Cleaning Pashmina products before storage is recommended, as fresh stains that may not yet be visible will oxidize and become fixed during storage; they may also be the food for moths. Moths are very discerning; they feast only on natural fabrics, food proteins and cooking oils. Mothballs (naphthalene) and cedar chips are standard protection from moth infestation of woollens.
All Pashmina products are quite versatile and can be worn just about anywhere in any occasion. The fabric is extremely lightweight, so they can be safely rolled up and placed in purses or other small spaces.
- Do not wear the Pashmina products next to rough clothing; metal necklace, bracelet, belt and rough leather such as crocodile leather bags because these things may harm the fabric. Dress up your Pashmina with silk and pearl accessories instead of accessories with rough surface.
- Piling is caused by abrasion during regular use, it often develops on elbows, on the seat of skirts, and in areas rubbed by a bag or briefcase, even seat belt. Soft, fuzzy surfaces are more susceptible than others. So for Pashmina products, it is normal for piling to develop in some areas after using it for a long time.
- To remove pills/bobble, just manually pick them off. Do not rub and brush the product. With proper care, your Pashmina can last a lifetime.